We Know The Secret To Creating Sound Parenting Plans
If you and your child’s other parent are going through a divorce, a judge may require that a parenting plan be created. To do so, you will need to hire a mediator.
At Attorney Randy Mora, our team is dedicated to helping you develop a plan that is reasonable and safeguards the relationship you have with your child. Attorney Randy Mora was voted by his peers as a Top 30 Family Law Attorney in 2015, and we have since been a go-to firm for assisting in the creation of parenting plans. We believe it is essential that you know what to expect before heading to mediation.
The Key Components To A Parenting Plan
Parenting plans can address matters such as:
- Parenting schedules — When will each parent see their child? How will custody exchanges occur? These are the main components of a parenting plan.
- Holidays, vacations, birthdays and other dates — Specifications should be made regarding who will have custody of your child during important events.
- Future modifications or exceptions — As your child ages, you may need to modify child custody. You should come to an agreement regarding how those changes will be addressed.
- Significant decisions — You and your child’s other parent may have different views on religion, health care and even discipline. You must decide who will make important decisions regarding these issues.
- Expenses — There are many expenses associated with raising children, including clothing, medical bills, extracurricular activities and so on. Parenting plans can address who will pay for these expenses.
Can We Create A Parenting Plan On Our Own?
There are various problems that can arise with agreements that are not made without the assistance of the courts or lawyers. One of them is that any agreements made between you and your child’s other parent may be recognized under state law. If one parent does not adhere to the terms of your agreement, you may have no legal recourse to take action. In addition, your document may fail to include key components, which can pose major challenges down the line.