Attorney Randy Mora

Ethical, Thoughtful And
Compassionate Guidance

Uncontested Divorce Icon

Uncontested Divorce

Family Law Icon

Family Law

Modifications Icon


Divorce Icon

Divorce & Property Division

Personal Injury Icon

Personal Injury

Is It Time To Modify An Original Custody Order?

Even child custody schedules that are well thought-out can require modifications in the future. Family situations change and, as your child ages, modifications may be necessary to keep the document up to date. However, you must go through the correct process to make the modifications legally binding, and not all will be approved by the court.

Under What Circumstances Can I Seek A Child Custody Modification?

There are various reasons why child custody schedules and visitation rights are modified. Modifications may be necessary if there has been a material and substantial change in:

  • Finances
  • Health
  • Child’s preference
  • Adhering to the original custody order
  • Living situations
  • Employment

If you and your child’s other parent agree to the child custody modifications, there are ways to address it outside of the courtroom. However, if you make outside custody agreements that were not approved by a judge, the court will defer to the original custody order to resolve disputes.

If you are unable to reach an agreement, you will need to attend a custody modification hearing.

An Award-Winning Family Law Attorney Dedicated To You

has been recognized nationally and locally by both his fellow peers and clients. As the recipient of the Best Lawyer in San Antonio award for four consecutive years, our office has been the firm people look for to resolve all of their family law matters. Failing to select an attorney who is well-versed in Texas’ legal system may lead to your custody schedule being rejected in court. We are skilled negotiators and know how to fight for reasonable outcomes, as well as protect your child and your rights.

Contact , Today

It is critical to be proactive. Speak with our seasoned lawyer today about changing custody orders by calling 210-446-0306 or send us a message online. We have office in both San Antonio , but serve residents throughout south central Texas.