Attorney Randy Mora

Ethical, Thoughtful And
Compassionate Guidance

Uncontested Divorce Icon

Uncontested Divorce

Family Law Icon

Family Law

Modifications Icon


Divorce Icon

Divorce & Property Division

Personal Injury Icon

Personal Injury

When Both Parents Agree To Custody Modifications

After some discussion, it is clear to both you and your child’s other parent that modifications should be made to the original custody order. At , our seasoned family law attorney knows just what needs to be done to help you do so. We have helped countless families to make alternative custody arrangements in and out of court.

Modifying Custody Orders Without A Judge

If you and your child’s other parent agree to modifications, you do not always have to ask the court for help. For example, you may have a new work schedule. Instead of going to court, you and your child’s other parent can make a verbal agreement to rearrange parenting time accordingly.

Keep in mind, however, that any agreements you and your child’s other parent make without the assistance of a judge are not official modifications. If a dispute arises, a judge will uphold the original order. While these verbal arrangements may work temporarily, it is not always a good idea to rely on them for an extended period of time.

Making The Agreed Modifications Legally Binding

To make formal modifications, our lawyer can draft an Agreed Order in Suit to Modify the Parent-Child Relationship and present it to a judge. The judge will approve or deny the request for modification based on what they believe is in the best interests of the child.

However, when both parents agree, the chances are high that the order will be approved and the original order will be modified. Negotiating a plan together can ensure the new agreement will be enforceable under the law.

Contact An Award-Winning Lawyer To Learn Your Options

Attorney Mora has been recognized both locally and nationally for his success in family law. He was awarded Best Lawyer in San Antonio for four consecutive years, Avvo’s Clients’ Choice in 2015 and a Top 40 Under 40 by The National Advocates in 2016 and 2017. You need a qualified attorney to provide you with ethical guidance to child custody modifications. We know Texas courts and how to help you pursue what you want.

Call us today to schedule a consultation at 210-446-0306 or send us a message online. We are proud to serve residents throughout south central Texas in both our San Antonio office.